This evening dinner stroll in Galata and Beyoglu is a great way to discover new neighborhoods outside Sultanahmet.
Shore Excursions: Istanbul Highlights and Grand Bazaar
see what other travelers miss on bigger groups
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your cruise port
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people or private tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon tour to suit your schedule
- Adult (Ages 10+)
- Child (Ages 3-9)
- Infant (Ages 0-2)
- Private Starts with min 2 people
Shore Excursions: Istanbul Highlights and Grand Bazaar Tour
Meet your local, expert guide at the port right after your ship has docked. Join your half-day small group tour. There’s a short tram ride from the dock to the Old Town of Sultanahmet. Take advantage of your walking tour instead of sitting on a bus in traffic!
Start your tour in Sultanahmet Square and enjoy a scenic stroll around and witness the local life in Istanbul’s old town.
Visit the inspiring Hagia Sophia, which on its own, justifies a visit to Istanbul. Avoid the very long line led efficiently by your expert guide. Witness the most significant site of the Greek Orthodox religion in Istanbul. Learn how it was converted into a mosque after the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople.
See elements of a mosque and a church standing next to each other. Admire the basilica’s stunning dome and minarets, and countless mosaics, paintings, columns, and its mosaic gallery.
Explore Blue Mosque, Istanbul’s greatest monument with the intimacy of your small group. See mosque architecture and learn the basics of Islam in a very relevant setting. Marvel at this imperial Ottoman Mosque and enjoy a comprehensive guided tour. Enjoy the courtyard for breathtaking views of modern Istanbulites and take a gentle stroll around the neighborhood.
Afterwards, let your guide walk you through the old town to the Grand Bazaar. Discover this classic example of Ottoman civil architecture. Dive into excellent shopping opportunities in Turkey’s largest and oldest covered market with help from your expert guide.
Enjoy the bazaar’s intricate geography and swarming passageways. Learn the local knowledge about the oldest shops, exotic goods, and talented craftsmen. Get tips from your guide at the end of the tour about what to see next.
Choose to spend free time in the Grand Bazaar or follow your guide back to the ship.
- Port pick-up and drop-off
- Guided tour of the Hagia Sophia
- Guided tour of the Blue Mosque
- Guided tour of the Grand Bazaar
- Expert and licensed guides
- Small-group walking tour of max 12 people or private tours
- Food and drinks
- We meet all shore excursions at the dock. Please provide your ship’s name and schedule so we organize your pick up and drop off.
- Once in Istanbul dock, please leave the terminal and make your way to the Museum Square. Your guide will be at the Clock Tower with a sign that says Walks In Istanbul.
- Here is the Google Maps link