This evening dinner stroll in Galata and Beyoglu is a great way to discover new neighborhoods outside Sultanahmet.
Shore Excursions: Istanbul Highlights Full Day Tour
Ultimate experience to see all in Istanbul
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your cruise port
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people or private tour
- Skip-the-line tickets for an efficient tour
- Adult (Ages 10+)
- Child (Ages 3-9)
- Infant (Ages 0-2)
- Private Starts for min 2 people
Shore Excursions: Istanbul Highlights Full-Day Tour
Meet your local, expert guide at the port right after your ship has docked. Join your small group to see the top sites in Istanbul on a full-day tour. There’s a short tram ride from the dock to the Old Town of Sultanahmet. Take advantage of your walking tour instead of sitting on a bus in traffic and maximize your time.
Start your tour in Sultanahmet Square and enjoy a scenic stroll around and witness the local life with a professional guide.
Visit the inspiring Hagia Sophia, which on its own, justifies a visit to Istanbul. Avoid the very long line with your skip-the-line tickets. Witness the most significant site of the Greek Orthodox religion in Istanbul. Learn how it was converted into a mosque after the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople.
Check out Sultanahmet Square on your way to Blue Mosque and witness local life. See mosque architecture and learn the basics of Islam in a very relevant setting. Marvel at this imperial Ottoman Mosque and enjoy a comprehensive guided tour. Enjoy the courtyard for breathtaking views of modern Istanbulites and take a gentle stroll around the neighborhood.
Continue your journey to Topkapi Palace. Avoid the very long line with your skip-the-line tickets.
Walk the palace grounds, gardens and courtyards of Topkapi on a guided tour to witness the glory of the Ottomans. Visit the Palace complex of low buildings and pavilions, kiosks and courtyards. Enjoy walking the outer terraced gardens, where flowerbeds blaze with tulips of many colors and climb the high terrace to admire the view over the Golden Horn, too.
Give a break at a local restaurant to sample delicious Turkish meals for lunch and learn about one of the most famous cuisines in the world.
Afterward, let your guide walk you through the old town to the Grand Bazaar. Follow your expert guide as he talks about the bazaar’s intricate geography and swarming passageways. Enjoy the local knowledge about the oldest shops, exotic goods, and talented craftsmen. Go beyond the standard carpet showrooms and put your hands on vintage and rare pieces available for small group tours. Relax on richly decorated bedspreads, suzani and Ottoman caftans in silk, cotton, and velvet.
Choose to spend free time in the Grand Bazaar or follow your guide back to the ship.
- Port pick-up and drop-off
- Skip-the-line admission tickets
- Guided tour of the sites as described
- Expert and licensed guides
- Small-group walking tour of max 12 people or private tours
- Food and drinks
– We meet all shore excursions at the dock. Please provide your ship’s name and schedule so we organize your pick up and drop off.
– Once in Istanbul dock, please leave the terminal and make your way to the Museum Square. Your guide will be at the Clock Tower with a sign that says Walks In Istanbul.