Highlights of Istanbul itinerary completely and efficiently immerses you into Sultanahmet by visiting the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar and Topkapı Palace in a single day.
- Night tour for the die-hards who want to understand Islam
- Introduction to Sufi culture and music
- Visit Suleymaniye Mosque before the evening prayer.
- Great dinner at a traditional restaurant
- Visit Arap Mosque before sunset
- Local and expert tour guides
- Private Tours for 2 people
Night tour to understand Islam in Istanbul
Night tour for the die-hards! Not for the regular tourist! Our Understanding Islam Night Tour is for people with a certain mindset who have flexibility should the conditions at the mosques change for our visit.
This is not a show designed for tourists. We visit actual mosques around sunset where the locals perform their spirituality. We are only welcome as visitors who have a deep interest and hopefully an understanding of spirituality in Islam.
Our evening tour runs in this order:
- Meet your private guide at your hotel and transfer to Suleymaniye.
- Visit Suleymaniye Mosque before evening prayer. It’s a truly mystic atmosphere.
- Enjoy dinner at a very traditional Turkish Restaurant — vegetarians are well catered.
- Talk about Islam, orders, and spirituality until the night prayer.
- Take the metro to Karakoy
- Visit Arap Mosque
- Photography or video are not allowed.
- This tour does not run during Ramadan.
There are lots of restrictions involved with this tour, as this is not a touristic occasion. It’s very real, and we promise it is the most interesting tour you can join in a Muslim country.
- Guiding fee for a professional guide
- Small-group private tour
- Hotel pick-up
- Transport between venues
We meet you personally at your hotel. Please do let us know your hotel details so we can organise your pick-up.
- This tour runs in the evenings, every day except Thursdays and except on Ramadan
- Exact hours to be confirmed according to sunset, but expect it to be between 19:00 and 22:00