Visit Ephesus and Virgin Mary’s House
All included tour to see what Ephesus has to offer
- Visit Ephesus to see the glory of Roman heritage in Turkey
- See the legendary site with its famous Terrace Houses included
- Learn about the history, the culture, and life in Rome from an expert guide
- Complete your experience with a detailed tour of the Basilica of St. John
- Drive up the scenic road to visit the House of Virgin Mary.
- Visit the site of one of the most famous Greek temples dedicated to Artemis
- Enjoy superb views of the Turkish countryside at the western coast
- Benefit from your guide’s knowledge on this private tour for a more interactive and personalized experience
- Private Tour for 2 people min.
Visit Ephesus and Virgin Mary’s House:
Discover the most famous Roman site in Turkey with its Terrace Houses included in the company of an expert guide. Then drive up the hill to see the legendary House of Virgin Mary, the inescapable heritage of ancient Christianity.
Enjoy a break at the Temple of Artemis and finish your day with a detailed tour of the Basilica of St. John. Break your day at lunchtime in the Turkish countryside accompanied by exciting local wines and cuisine with world-class olive oil.
Located on the western coast of Turkey, the ancient city of Ephesus is one of the oldest sites being excavated in Turkey. Learn about the marvel of its history, the archaeological studies and also visit the Terrace Houses to understand the daily lives of the ordinary Roman citizens. There is no better place to experience the glamour of Rome as you view into days of its zenith.
Walk with your guide on the ancient city roads of Ephesus and explore its ancient walls scattered throughout the site as you learn how layered this city’s history is. See the famous Theatre at Ephesus and the reconstructed marvel of the Library of Celsus. Walk passing the massive Roman pillars, city walls, and towers down to the harbor.
Visit the remains of one of the most significant temples dedicated to Artemis as your guide talks about Greek mythology on the western coast of today’s modern Turkey. Understand the universal outstanding value of Greek culture shared between the shores of the Aegean Sea on the development of the European civilization, arts, and literature.
Continue your journey following the hill up to the House of Virgin Mary and dive into the history of this picturesque coastline to gain an understanding of the role of these little cities for the upcoming new religion of Christianity. Learn how the locals reacted to St. Paul’s journey and how Virgin Mary ended up at this site traveling through the Middle East.
End your tour after a detailed visit to the Basilica of St.John that completes the journey of the Virgin Mary at Ephesus. Learn how Christianity spread starting with the original inhabitants of this scenic and strategically placed ancient city.
Leave your guide with enough knowledge to cover the Roman and Christian history of modern Turkey.
- Admission tickets for the site of Ephesus
- Admission ticket for Terrace Houses
- Admission tickets for the House of Virgin Mary
- Admission tickets for the Basilica of St.John
- Licensed tour guide
- Private vehicle throughout
- Hotel pickup and dropoff from Kusadası or Izmir
- Private tour for a more personalized and interactive experience
- Lunch to be paid on spot
We pick you up from your hotel. Please advise details when you book.
Your guide will be at the lobby with a sign that has your name on it.
We run this tour as a day trip and ideally between 09:00 am – 4:00 pm