This is the web site of Walks In Europe,OU.
Our postal address is
Kai Street 1, 10111
Information we collect about you
Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, we may collect and hold personal information such as:
- your name, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, email address
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys or to our in-store or other representatives.
- If you visit our website we may also collect information that is not personal information to improve the experience for our customers. This information may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
- When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that may be used in brochures, in our advertising or on our website. All participants authorise us to use his/her image (such as a photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen, please notify us in writing using the contact details.
How do we collect personal information?
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, register interest for and/or enter a competition, subscribe to one of our newsletters, use our website, link to or from our website, connect with us via social media, by speaking to a consultant , tour guide or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- from market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
- from partners performing services on our behalf; and
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all personal information you provide to us including without limitation personal information of your friends and family members provided in connection with making travel bookings.
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your tour booking
- manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
- to contact you in the event of an emergency
- combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- to identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address
- to make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for
- for identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
When you provide your email address to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are captured using a secure service. This is so we can assist you in future with online bookings, and as a result of this you may receive a follow up enquiry email. This email will contain information on what action, if any, you can choose that will direct us to cease any further contact with you or destroy the personal information we have collected about you.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you, including, without limitation, to airlines, tour companies, travel agencies, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- We may disclose your personal information to external parties for research purposes and to identify other services you may be interested in, in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, such as our travel industry partners to analyse trends and further improve our service to you.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
Security of Information
Credit card security
- All online bookings and payments are transmitted over Fareharbor: https://fareharbor.com
- Credit card information is transmitted immediately to Stripe,a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port. Stripe https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe
- We do not store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank.
- All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Marketing and privacy
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone or your postal address. If you no longer wish to receive these updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. You can contact us using the contact details to opt-out of receiving phone and postal updates. You can opt-in in future if you wish to receive these updates again.
We do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. We will not share your personal data with third parties, unless you have previously given your express permission or unless the transmission is required or permissible by law. We will in particular not sell or otherwise market your data to third parties. Transfers of data to government institutions and authorities is done only within the scope of mandatory national legal requirements. We are obligated to maintain secrecy and to comply with legal data protection regulations.
Use of TOOLS/”COOKIES” and links to other websites
When you visit our website, information may be stored on your computer in the form of cookies. Cookies are small text files that are transferred between a webserver and your browser and are stored on your computer’s disk. This makes it possible to recognize you when you re-visit the website. This way, we can offer you better functionality of our website and, for example, avoid that you have to log in repeatedly, or allow us to carry out web analysis.
Most browsers are configured to automatically accept cookies.
By configuring your browser, you may prevent that cookies are stored, and you may also erase cookies at any time. Please note that without cookies, the use and experience of our services via this website may be impeded or impossible. In particular, without cookies, it may not be possible to book a guide, as cookies are required to verify your booking data. Via your browser settings, you can also prevent certain cookies (such as third-party-cookies) from being stored, e.g. if you want to prevent web tracking. You will find further information in your browser’s help section.
Our website may contain links to third party websites, micro-sites or analytical tools (eg Google) not controlled or owned by us, such as reference, review, ancillary products and services sites.
With respect to Ad Servers: We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using — so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each. You can find more information on the About Cookies website www.aboutcookies.org/
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you’re on. These are known as 1st Party Cookies. There are also 3rd Party Cookies that can be set by partner websites. Only the owner of the cookie can see the anonymous information it collects.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject 3rd Party Cookies or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. If you don’t accept cookies, some features of our website won’t work. For example, you won’t be able to make a booking.
By using our websites, you agree to us using cookies as set out in this statement.
How the cookies are used
- Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows you to book trips with us
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you’ll find interesting
- Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
- Buying our products online
- Your recent searches and shortlisted holidays are recorded using cookies. If you’ve made a shortlist but you haven’t saved it by entering your email address, we’ll store your shortlisted holidays using a cookie, so you’ll be able to see it when you visit us again using the same computer or device.
- Types of cookies we use
- You may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on which you may access at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Refusing cookies and changing your mind after you’ve accepted
- Refusing cookies
- You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
- Changing your mind after you’ve accepted our cookies
Use of Data for Marketing Purposes / Consent
Based on your declaration of consent, we processes and use your personal data when applicable for marketing activities, such as for sending emails with general information or advertising information (newsletters).
We wish to obtain the following declaration of consent from you:
I agree that from time to time, Walks In Europe will send me exciting travel tips, city guides and top offers by email. You may revoke this consent with Walks In Europe at any time without observing any form (for example, by telephone or by email).
You can revoke your declarations of consent with us with future effect at any time. Additionally, if we use your personal information as permissible by law, for example for marketing activities by mail, you may object to this use.
All that is necessary in both cases is to send an email to the following address: email@example.com
Your personal data will be stored for only as long as necessary for the purposes stated in this privacy statement or for as long as we are required by law or legally obligated to store this information.
Right of Access, Rectification, Deletion
You have the right at any time to receive information free of charge about your personal data stored with us. If your data is stored incorrectly or wrongly by us, we will gladly correct, block or delete it. Please inform us of any changes to your data immediately.
Please direct requests for information, questions, complaints or suggestions to the following address:
Walks In Europe,OU
Kai Street 1
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org