- Address: Kai tn 1, Kesklinna district, Tallinn city, Harju county, 10111, Estonia
- Management: Arzu Altinay
- Contact Information: [email protected]
- Company Registration: registry code 14184392
Terms of Service
- These terms and conditions contain legal obligations, and we encourage you to read through them carefully.
- Visitors of this Website may use the Website only on condition that they accept the Terms of Service. Any further use of the Website means you have read and you understand the Terms Of Service and agree to be bound by all parts of it.
- Walks In Europe is a licensed travel company established in Estonia. Walks In Europe does not organize or sell tour packages that include accommodation and flight tickets. Its role and responsibilities are strictly limited to (i) facilitating the connections between the local providers and travelers in arranging for the tours described and (ii) processing payment transactions between the local providers and visitors, when the latter book the Walks In Europe tours. (iii) facilitating tours for other travel companies when they book for their clients.
- Walks In Europe provides an online platform that connects local tour guides and travel providers in specific travel destinations with visitors seeking to receive local tourism services related to visiting such destinations.
- By making a booking, the traveler is deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions on behalf of all individuals included in the booking. The services to be provided are those on their booking confirmation invoice. No alterations or variations to these terms and conditions are in effect unless made/confirmed in writing by and under the authority of Walks In Europe, OÜ.
- Walks In Europe accepts a booking through a booking system called Fareharbor ( https://fareharbor.com). Then a traveler or their travel company pays the necessary fee by credit card via Stripe, Fareharbor’s payment gateway. For security reasons, Walks In Europe does not store credit card numbers itself, not even in the encrypted format. Please see ( https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe ) for more.
Credit card numbers are stored by Stripe. Once stored on the gateway, it is not possible to retrieve the full card number.
- When a traveler decides to book a Walks In Europe tour, they choose a date from the calendar of the relevant tour either private or shared.
- For shared tours, they choose how many people they want to book for the relevant date. Our tours run with a minimum of two people so if we have one person confirmed already, the system will approve their booking immediately.
- If the traveler is a solo traveler initiating a shared tour, we’ll keep them pending until we have the second person.
- For private tours, they choose how many people they want to book. The booking system will charge their card immediately.
- You can cancel until 72 hours before the tour starts with a 100% refund of the tour fee minus a 5% credit card fee and the cost of any tickets that have been purchased.
- You can cancel until 48 hours before the tour starts with a 50% refund of the tour fee and the cost of any tickets that have been purchased.
- You can cancel until 24 hours before the tour starts with a 0% refund of the tour fee and the cost of any tickets that have been purchased.
- Any cancellation/amendment must be communicated via e-mail to [email protected]
- If the traveler wants to change the tour date when there’s less than two days to the start of the tour, we can only change the tour date and replace the traveler if only we have space for the new request. Any cancellation/amendment must be communicated via e-mail to [email protected]
- Changes made to bookings will be subject to rebooking fees to cover the cost of tickets purchased, guide rescheduling and administration as above.
- A booking is considered successfully canceled or amended only after Walks In Europe sends successful notification via email and cancellation/amendment fees are assessed.
- Unused portions of tours – No refund is provided for any unused portion of a tour, including the entire tour in the event a traveler does not commence at the designated start point of the tour or if the traveler decides to leave a tour earlier on their own will before the tour ends.
- Prices are correct at the time of quoting. We announce and charge our tours in Euros provided by local providers in their relevant destinations.
- Price changes — The prices appearing on the website are the current rates and can change without notice. Once a traveler has booked on Walks In Europe, the traveler will not be required to pay any difference in the event of a price increase. Walks In Europe will not refund the balance of any price reduction.
- Child rate — Our child rates apply at the time of the tour, not the time of booking. Proof of age must be available for inspection on the day of travel. If a traveler is identified as not qualifying for a child price (if a child price is available for the tour), the traveler will be required to provide the balance of difference between the adult rate and child rate for the tour before being permitted to start the trip.
- Per person — All prices on a shared tour listed are on a per traveler basis unless otherwise stated. All prices on a private tour are on a group price.
- Inclusions — Prices include all inclusions as indicated on the tour description on www.walksineurope.com
- Exclusions — Prices do not include: *Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour. *Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description. *Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveler obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Walks In Europe tour they have booked. *Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges, or international transportation tax.
- Cancellations by Walks In Europe – We may cancel a tour at any time before departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to alternate departure date or receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
- Non-performance by an obligor is excused if it is caused by force majeure. Force majeure are circumstances which are beyond the control of the obligor and which, at the time the contract was entered into or the noncontractual obligation arose, the obligor could not reasonably have been expected to take into account, avoid or overcome the impediment or the consequences thereof which the obligor could not reasonably have been expected to overcome.
- Amendments to itineraries by Walks In Europe – While we endeavor to operate all tours as described, we reserve the right to change the tour itinerary. The itinerary provided for each tour is representative of the activities planned; however, the route, amenities, stops, and modes of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances or events. If we make a major change before departure, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control.
- Confirmation and vouchers: a) Confirmation — Upon receipt of full payment, Walks In Europe will issue a voucher via email for the booked tour. Upon booking of a service, traveler will receive a confirmation email that details meeting location and specific meeting time. b) Voucher — The lead traveler must present the original voucher issued by Walks In Europe at the start of the tour. Walks In Europe reserves the right to refuse service to any travelers not able to provide their voucher to their guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Traveler confirmation – We recommend that the lead traveler contacts the local Walks In Europe tour guide, 24 hours before the start of their tour to confirm the tour departure. The local tour guide’s contact information is available on the voucher provided.
- Timeliness – Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. If you or your travel companions are running late or need assistance in finding the meeting point, please call our office at the number provided in your confirmation email, and we will do our best to assist you. However, it is your ultimate responsibility to reach a meeting point on time. In the event a traveler is not at the designated starting point within 15 minutes of the start time provided, Walks In Europe local tour guide will consider the traveler to be a “no show” and the tour will start without them, and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Meet at hotel for private tours: — If this service is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveler should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point for shared tours— If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveler should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Traveler’s responsibility – The traveler making the booking is responsible for their own and their party’s actions. If Walks In Europe local tour guide deems you or your party’s actions to cause danger to other travellers or our staff, to intervene with other clients’ enjoyment of the trip, or to be offensive to the local communities and cultures, Walks In Europe reserve the right to remove you from the tour effective immediately. No refund will be supplied. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange, and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
- Information accuracy – The lead traveler is responsible for providing accurate information during the booking process. Walks In Europe reserves the right to cancel any bookings if inaccurate information is provided, including (but not exclusive to): Traveller name(s)Hotel (pick-up) details and Email address
- Age and health requirements: a) Age requirements — All travelers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by an escort over the age of 18, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or their designee will be responsible for the traveler under the age of 18. While many of our tours permit all ages, the minimum age requirements may vary with tours. Please see the tour description on walksineurope.com to check whether a tour is child-friendly. For tours featuring alcohol, travelers may be required to show proof of age of majority. b) Health requirements — Some of our trips can be physically demanding, and travelers must ensure that they are suitably fit to allow participation. We can provide details on mandatory health requirements; however, we are not medical experts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are physically fit to participate.
- Unless stated otherwise, our tours are not wheelchair accessible.
- Travel insurance – It is a requirement that all travelers on a Walks In Europe tour have valid and comprehensive travel insurance. Neither Walks In Europe nor the Walks In Europe local tour guides can be held responsible for any liability, expenses, or losses you incur as a result of being inadequately insured. We strongly recommend that at the time of booking a comprehensive travel insurance policy is purchased.
- Complaints – Should you have a complaint about your tour through Walks In Europe, we urge you to discuss this at the time with the local tour guide. In the event you wish to complain further, please contact Walks In Europe in writing within 30 days or travel. Complaints received outside this timeframe will not be considered.
- Photos and marketing- Travellers consent to Walks In Europe using images of you taken during the tour for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. Travelers grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
- Disclaimers and limitations of liability a) Walks In Europe and local tour guides, affiliates, and distributors shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity, liability, or expense to person or property. b) Walks In Europe and local tour guides, affiliates, and distributors accept no responsibility for any sickness, acts of crime, labour disputes, government actions, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, defect in any vehicle of transportation, or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control. c) Walks In Europe maintain information that is accurate to the best of our knowledge; however, does not warrant that content and information provided on our website or via any of our affiliate sites or via distributors will be without error and that functionality of the websites uninterrupted or without error. d) Walks In Europe and local tour guides, will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveler who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited. e) This agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of Estonia
- Indemnification – Travellers agree to defend and indemnify Walks In Europe and local tour guides, our affiliates, and distributors, and any of their officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties, or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature, including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees brought by third parties as a result of: a) Your breach of this agreement or documents referenced in this agreement; b) Your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; and/orc) Your use of this website or any of Walks In Europe affiliate websites.
This is the web site of Walks In Europe, OU.
Our postal address is
Kai Street 1, 10111
Information we collect about you
Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, we may collect and hold personal information such as:
- your name, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, email address
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys or to our in-store or other representatives.
- If you visit our website we may also collect information that is not personal information to improve the experience for our customers. This information may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
- When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that may be used in brochures, in our advertising or on our website. All participants authorise us to use his/her image (such as a photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen, please notify us in writing using the contact details.
How do we collect personal information?
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, register interest for and/or enter a competition, subscribe to one of our newsletters, use our website, link to or from our website, connect with us via social media, by speaking to a consultant , tour guide or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- from market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
- from partners performing services on our behalf; and
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all personal information you provide to us including without limitation personal information of your friends and family members provided in connection with making travel bookings.
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your tour booking
- manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
- to contact you in the event of an emergency
- combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- to identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address
- to make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for
- for identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
When you provide your email address to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are captured using a secure service. This is so we can assist you in future with online bookings, and as a result of this you may receive a follow up enquiry email. This email will contain information on what action, if any, you can choose that will direct us to cease any further contact with you or destroy the personal information we have collected about you.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you, including, without limitation, to airlines, tour companies, travel agencies, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- We may disclose your personal information to external parties for research purposes and to identify other services you may be interested in, in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, such as our travel industry partners to analyse trends and further improve our service to you.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
Security of Information
Credit card security
- All online bookings and payments are transmitted over Fareharbor: https://fareharbor.com
- Credit card information is transmitted immediately to Stripe,a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port. Stripe https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe
- We do not store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank.
- All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Marketing and privacy
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone or your postal address. If you no longer wish to receive these updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. You can contact us using the contact details to opt-out of receiving phone and postal updates. You can opt-in in future if you wish to receive these updates again.
We do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. We will not share your personal data with third parties, unless you have previously given your express permission or unless the transmission is required or permissible by law. We will in particular not sell or otherwise market your data to third parties. Transfers of data to government institutions and authorities is done only within the scope of mandatory national legal requirements. We are obligated to maintain secrecy and to comply with legal data protection regulations.
Use of TOOLS/”COOKIES” and links to other websites
When you visit our website, information may be stored on your computer in the form of cookies. Cookies are small text files that are transferred between a webserver and your browser and are stored on your computer’s disk. This makes it possible to recognize you when you re-visit the website. This way, we can offer you better functionality of our website and, for example, avoid that you have to log in repeatedly, or allow us to carry out web analysis.
Most browsers are configured to automatically accept cookies.
By configuring your browser, you may prevent that cookies are stored, and you may also erase cookies at any time. Please note that without cookies, the use and experience of our services via this website may be impeded or impossible. In particular, without cookies, it may not be possible to book a guide, as cookies are required to verify your booking data. Via your browser settings, you can also prevent certain cookies (such as third-party-cookies) from being stored, e.g. if you want to prevent web tracking. You will find further information in your browser’s help section.
Our website may contain links to third party websites, micro-sites or analytical tools (eg Google) not controlled or owned by us, such as reference, review, ancillary products and services sites.
With respect to Ad Servers: We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using — so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each. You can find more information on the About Cookies website www.aboutcookies.org/
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you’re on. These are known as 1st Party Cookies. There are also 3rd Party Cookies that can be set by partner websites. Only the owner of the cookie can see the anonymous information it collects.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject 3rd Party Cookies or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. If you don’t accept cookies, some features of our website won’t work. For example, you won’t be able to make a booking.
By using our websites, you agree to us using cookies as set out in this statement.
How the cookies are used
- Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows you to book trips with us
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you’ll find interesting
- Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
- Buying our products online
- Your recent searches and shortlisted holidays are recorded using cookies. If you’ve made a shortlist but you haven’t saved it by entering your email address, we’ll store your shortlisted holidays using a cookie, so you’ll be able to see it when you visit us again using the same computer or device.
- Types of cookies we use
- You may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on which you may access at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Refusing cookies and changing your mind after you’ve accepted
- Refusing cookies
- You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
- Changing your mind after you’ve accepted our cookies
Use of Data for Marketing Purposes / Consent
Based on your declaration of consent, we processes and use your personal data when applicable for marketing activities, such as for sending emails with general information or advertising information (newsletters).
We wish to obtain the following declaration of consent from you:
I agree that from time to time, Walks In Europe will send me exciting travel tips, city guides and top offers by email. You may revoke this consent with Walks In Europe at any time without observing any form (for example, by telephone or by email).
You can revoke your declarations of consent with us with future effect at any time. Additionally, if we use your personal information as permissible by law, for example for marketing activities by mail, you may object to this use.
All that is necessary in both cases is to send an email to the following address: [email protected]
Your personal data will be stored for only as long as necessary for the purposes stated in this privacy statement or for as long as we are required by law or legally obligated to store this information.
Right of Access, Rectification, Deletion
You have the right at any time to receive information free of charge about your personal data stored with us. If your data is stored incorrectly or wrongly by us, we will gladly correct, block or delete it. Please inform us of any changes to your data immediately.
Please direct requests for information, questions, complaints or suggestions to the following address:
Walks In Europe,OU
Kai Street 1
Or via email: [email protected]