What’s in a kebab? Explore the markets of Istanbul and discover the diverse and delectable cuisine of this fascinating city in carefully selected local spots.
- Enjoy the ferry ride across the Bosphorus and step on the Asian continent
- Taste your way through the neighborhood of Kadıkoy on the Asian side.
- Follow your local guide to discover where local Istanbulites go to eat and socialize.
- At each stop, sample local food served alongside plates of the popular appetizers called ‘meze’.
- Walk in a small group with an experienced host and hear the story behind the world-famous cuisine of Turkey
- Adult (Ages 12+) min 2 people
- Child (Ages 3-11)
- Infant (Ages 2 & Under)
- Private Tour for 2 people
Eat Your Way Through Kadıköy
Meet your local, expert guide at the port to enjoy an evening in Istanbul off your cruise ship. Join your small-group tour, leave the hustle of the day behind and discover a local neighborhood across the Bosphorus.
Start the tour by taking the ferry that is the daily route for the locals who cross Bosphorus every day to get to the Asian side.
After you go across the Bosphorus to the Asian side, explore Kadıkoy with a local gourmet guide. Eat your way through Kadıköy, and indulge in a taste of Istanbul’s evening life. Kadıköy is a very residential neighborhood where all the locals meet their friends, do their shopping, and eat a variety of good food. This charming itinerary lets you get to know Istanbul apart from the old town Sultanahmet.
Taste several samplings, chat with shopkeepers, watch locals, and make friends. Join this tour for an evening of great food and drink, history and culture, and lots of fun. Plenty of food will be sampled along the way: baklava, kebabs, desserts, Turkish delight, simit, Turkish tea, mezes, olives, delicatessen stops, pastrami, clotted cream, cheese, and more!
Choose to spend free time in Kadikoy or follow your guide on the commuter ferry back to your cruiseship.
- LOTS of food!
- Choice of a private tour or a small group for a more interactive and personal experience.
- Local and professional tour guides.
- Vegetarians are well catered for.
- Port pick-up and drop-off
- All food samplings
- Bosphorus ferry tickets
- Professional and local guide
- Small-group or private walking tour
*minimum drinking age is 18
We meet all cruise ship passengers at the dock in Istanbul.
Please make your way outside the terminal and find your guide at the exit. They will have a sign that says “Walks in Istanbul”.