Our well-planned Highlights of Istanbul itinerary completely immerses you into Sultanahmet. Visit the Basilica Cistern, the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, the Grand Bazaar and Topkapi Palace all in one fascinating tour.
Suleymaniye Mosque Tour (Duplicate)
- Travel back to the days of Ottoman Istanbul on a two-hour guided tour of the Suleymaniye Mosque and the neighborhood.
- Discover the life of Ottomans in the 16th century and learn about mosque traditions and Islam with your local guide.
- Find out the basics of Islam and traditions for visiting mosques.
- Listen to the stories of Suleyman the Magnificent and compare the royal Ottoman family to the European monarchs to find out the similarities between them.
- End your Suleymaniye Mosque Tour with free time to explore on your own.
- Choice of a private tour or a shared group tour (12 people max.)
- Local and professional tour guides
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 3-11)
- Infant (Ages 2 & Under)
- Private Tour Base price for 2 people
A Guided Tour of Suleymaniye Mosque
We meet at the cafe just opposite the Suleymaniye Mosque, which stands in contrast against the modern buildings of Istanbul. This is Mimar Sinan’s Suleymaniye Mosque, built in classical Ottoman style, and it’s still evocative of the power and splendour of the past.
Enjoy a comprehensive two-hour guided tour of Suleymaniye Mosque and its complimentary buildings with a professional guide. Afterwards, enjoy breathtaking views over Istanbul from the courtyard and get tips and hints for a gentle stroll around the neighbourhood.
End the tour with a cup of Turkish tea and talk about Suleyman the Magnificent and the royal Ottoman family’s life in the 16th century.
- Expert local guides for insider’s knowledge
- Small-group tour for a more personalised experience
- Walking tour at a relaxed pace
Transport to Suleymaniye Mosque
- We meet at the Kurucu Ali Baba Kanaat Lokantası, just opposite the Suleymaniye Mosque.
Every day except Fridays:
- Morning tours at 10:00
- Afternoon tours at 14:00
Tour is scheduled to run outside the prayer hours, but this is a functioning mosque and there may be events out of our control (like funerals).