Airport Transfers Istanbul
How do get to your hotel once you make it to Istanbul airports? Is it easy to organize airport transfers in Istanbul? Do we need a private transfer in Istanbul?
We can organize your airport transfers Istanbul if you send us an email, please. Here are our tips for organizing your time when you arrive in Istanbul airports:
Istanbul has two airports: the most common and bigger one is Ataturk airport (IST) on the European side, and the smaller one is Sabiha Gokcen Airport ( SAW) on the Asian side.
It is possible to take a taxi from Ataturk (IST) airport to Sultanahmet- it’s a painless procedure. Make sure you have the name of the hotel and the address printed on a paper and hand it to the driver.
Make sure you have Turkish Lira ( TL) before you leave the terminal and that the driver turns the meter on. Taxi drivers are notorious, and they are not very different in Istanbul, either.
So, yes, he will speed. Yes, he will get lost in the back streets. Yes, he knows a carpet dealer. Yes, his English is basic.
You could choose to have a private vehicle instead of a taxi especially if:
- You’re arriving at a very uncivilized hour
- You feel very uncomfortable in a country where you don’t speak the language
- There are more than three people in your party
- Your luggage is huge
- You are staying at a rental apartment around Beyoglu or Galata
If you’re arriving at the SAW ( Sabiha Gokcen airport), I’d say a private vehicle right away because:
- He will never find your hotel in Sultanahmet; he doesn’t have a clue
- The distance is too long for a taxi; it ends up being the same cost for a private vehicle anyway
- It’s just safer to be in an organized vehicle from SAW to Sultanahmet or Beyoglu.