Airport Transfers Istanbul
Airport transfers in Istanbul
- How do you get to your hotel once you make it to Istanbul airports?
- Is it easy to organize airport transfers in Istanbul?
- Do we need a private transfer in Istanbul?
- How many airports are there in Istanbul?
Book your airport transfer here!
Tips to organize your transfer when you arrive in Istanbul airports:
Istanbul has two airports: the most common and bigger one is Istanbul airport (IST) on the European side. The smaller one is Sabiha Gokcen Airport ( SAW) on the Asian side. Both are quite far from the city center where your accommodation will be. Unfortunately, there is no train service. Keep in mind, because of the distance taxi ends up being the same cost as a private transfer.
Take a taxi:
It is possible to take a taxi from both airports taking some measures:
- Make sure you have the name of the hotel and the address printed on a paper and hand it to the driver
- Make sure you have Turkish Lira ( TL) before you leave the terminal and that the driver turns the meter on. Taxi drivers are notorious, and they are not very different in Istanbul, either
- So, yes, he will speed. Yes, he will get lost in the back streets. Yes, he knows a carpet dealer. Yes, his English is basic
- Because of the distance, generally, a taxi ends up being the same price with a private transfer
Organize a private transfer instead of a taxi especially if:
- You’re arriving at an uncivilized hour
- You feel uncomfortable in a country where you don’t speak the language
- There are more than three people in your party
- Your luggage is bigger than cabin size
- You are staying at a rental apartment, not at a well-known hotel
Take the shuttle / public transport:
The company is called Havaist and there is a bus every half hour to the city center and the old city.