Highlights of Istanbul itinerary completely and efficiently immerses you into Sultanahmet by visiting the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar and Topkapı Palace in a single day.
- Visit Chora Church in Istanbul.
- Explore the fascinating world of medieval Constantinople on a two-hour walking tour.
- Discover the UNESCO-listed museum with a licensed guide.
- Enjoy free time to explore on your own.
- We buy admission tickets and skip the line with our priority admission.
- Choice of a private tour or a small-group tour (eight people max.)
- Local and professional tour guides
- Adult (Ages 12+) Min. 2 people
- Child (Ages 3-11)
- Infant (Ages 2 & Under)
- Private Tour for 2 people
Learn About Chora’s History
Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the seventh hill of Constantinople to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Chora, a medieval Byzantine church and one of the world’s most revealing religious sites.
We meet at the cafe just opposite the main entrance and your guide goes over the history of Constantinople and Byzantine art over a cup of Turkish tea.
We have skip-the-line priority admission and can avoid the main crowds. Once you make your way inside to see the bounty of ancient treasures that await, please make sure you turn your camera’s flash off.
Hear about the Chora’s history and imagine it filled with the churchgoers of medieval Constantinople. Most of the interior is covered with mosaics depicting the lives of Christ and the Virgin Mary. To the right of the nave is the parecclesion, a side chapel built to hold the tombs of the church’s founder and his relatives, close friends, and associates. This chapel is decorated with frescos that deal with the themes of death and resurrection, depicting scenes taken from the Old Testament.
On the ceiling between this dome and the apse, the Last Judgement strikingly depicts this scene from the Book of Revelation in dazzling white with gilt accents, with the rolling up of heaven represented by a coiling motif surrounded by the choirs of heaven.
Pause to take photos of these fascinating mosaics and frescoes and learn their history from your guide. By the end of the tour, you can choose to stay longer inside or enjoy a stroll along the neighbourhood.
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Transport to Chora Church
- We meet at the cafe just opposite the entrance of Chora Church.
Tour departs every day except Wednesdays:
- Morning tour at 10:00
- Afternoon tour at 14:00