Fascinating world of Medieval Constantinople
Chora Church Highlights
- Visit Chora Church in Istanbul
- Explore the fascinating world of Medieval Constantinople on a 2-hour walking tour.
- Discover the UNESCO-listed museum with a licensed guide.
- End with free time to explore on your own.
- We buy admission tickets and skip the line with our priority admission.
- Choice of a private tour or a shared group of maximum 8 people.
- Local and professional tour guides.
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Transport to Chora Church
- We meet at the cafe just opposite the entrance of Chora Church.
- Tour departs everyday except Wednesdays at 09:30 am and 12:30 pm.
Chora Church, 2 hrs:
Walking tour to discover Chora Church:
Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the 7th of hill of Constantiople to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Chora, a medieval Byzantine church and one of the world’s most revealing religous sites.
We meet at the cafe just opposite the main entrance and your guide will go over the history of Constantinople and Byzantine art over a cup of Turkish tea.
We have skip the line priority admission and avoid the main crowds. Once you make your way inside to see the bounty of ancient treasures that await; please make sure you turn your camera’s flash off.
Hear about its history and imagine it filled with the churchgoers of Medieval Constantinople.
Most of the interior is covered with mosaics depicting the lives of Christ and the Virgin Mary. To the right of the nave is the parecclesion, a side chapel built to hold the tombs of the church’s founder and his relatives, close friends and associates. This is decorated with frescos that deal with the themes of death and resurrection, depicting scenes taken from the Old Testament.
On the ceiling between this dome and the apse, the Last Judgement strikingly depicts this scene from the Book of Revelation in dazzling white with gilt accents, with the rolling up of heaven represented by a coiling motif surrounded by the choirs of heaven.
Pause to take photos of these fascinating mozaics and frescoes and learn their history from your guide. By the end you can choose to stay longer inside or enjoy a stroll along the neighbourhood.
Istanbul Highlights runs everyday except Wednesdays at 09:30 am and 12:30 pm.
Tours start at 40Euros per person
This website stores some user agent data. These data are used to provide a more personalized experience and to track your whereabouts around our website in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation. If you decide to opt-out of any future tracking, a cookie will be set up in your browser to remember this choice for one year. I Agree