Highlights of Istanbul itinerary completely and efficiently immerses you into Sultanahmet by visiting the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar and Topkapı Palace in a single day.
Istanbul: Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia Tour
Cultural and historical highlight of your visit in Istanbul
- Visit the two major highlights of historical Istanbul with a small group or enjoy an exclusive experience with your expert guide
- See the world-famous Hagia Sophia and Basilica Cistern from the inside out
- Learn about the Ottomans as you walk through Topkapi Palace and choose to visit the Harem as an option at the end
- Have the privilege of a professional and local guide for priority admission and skip-the-lines
- Late departure for more flexibility and vacation off time
- Enjoy the privileges of a small group tour or choose to go private
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 3-11)
- Infant (Ages 0-2)
- Private Tour for 2 people
Guided Tour In Istanbul: Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace, and Hagia Sophia
Join a guided tour to discover Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, and the Basilica Cistern in Istanbul. Benefit from priority admission at the museum ticket offices to skip the long lines and head in faster.
Meet your guide in the Sultanahmet neighborhood at an easy spot and check out Istanbul’s greatest monuments on a walking tour. Start with the Basilica Cistern, wander around the “Subterranean Palace” and learn about its history. See the underground pillars and learn about Byzantine architecture. Walk on the wooden walkways over the water until the famous upside-down Medusa heads.
Next, visit the Hagia Sophia and witness the most significant site of the Greek Orthodox religion in Istanbul and learn how it was converted into a mosque after the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople. Explore the stunning monument with elements of a mosque and a church standing next to each other. Admire the basilica’s stunning dome and minarets, and countless mosaics, paintings, and Roman columns. Learn how the impressive İznik tiles were added over time in the Mosque, how the stunning Virgin Mary mosaic was made, and why the Ottomans chose to bury their sultans in the courtyard.
Continue to Topkapi Palace to explore the splendor of the Ottoman Empire. Discover the complex of buildings, pavilions, and courtyards was a self-contained city, which most inhabitants rarely left. Explore the outer-terraced gardens and admire the view over the Golden Horn.
Visit the Harem ( if the option is chosen), ruled by the Queen Mother who wielded domestic and political power. The harem housed hundreds of women and family members as well as hundreds of eunuchs, who performed a wide range of duties. Admire cupboard doors inlaid with mother of pearl and tortoiseshell and stunning Iznik tiles with verses from the Quran. The tour ends with a visit to the holy relics and the imperial kitchens.
- Skip-the-line admission tickets to Topkapi Palace and an optional visit to the Harem
- Skip-the-line admission tickets for the Basilica Cistern
- Professional and local guide with a license
- Small-group tours or choose to go private
- Transport to the meeting spot
- Harem tickets unless the option is chosen
- We meet at the House of Medusa Restaurant in Sultanahmet
- This tour runs every day at 09:30 am except Tuesdays and Friday mornings