Highlights of Istanbul itinerary completely and efficiently immerses you into Sultanahmet by visiting the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar and Topkapı Palace in a single day.
- Explore the Grand Bazaar with a professional guide and savour its history.
- Make your way through this ever-changing maze in a small group or a private tour.
- Enjoy the local knowledge about the oldest shops, exotic goods, and talented craftsmen.
- Follow your expert guide as he talks about the bazaar’s intricate geography and swarming passageways.
- Get to know the best stalls and merchants for your purchases and learn the art of haggling.
Explore Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar
Enjoy the charm of Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar in the company of an experienced local guide and a small tour group.
Start your walk on one of the high streets to get a feel for the atmosphere of a covered market that goes back to the 15th century. Learn about the Ottoman Empire and the local way of life as you walk through a maze of 4,000 shops, 66 streets, 14 inns, and 11 gates.
Navigate your way through the busy and winding backstreets of the bazaar with your local guide. Delve into the treasure trove of Turkish artisan crafts. Go beyond the standard carpet showrooms and put your hands on vintage and rare pieces available for small group tours. Relax on richly decorated bedspreads, suzani, and Ottoman caftans in silk, cotton, and velvet.
Visit some of the more curious corners of the bazaar, such as the money market, a dark passage where illegal but tolerated currency trading takes place between the vendors.
Enjoy a cup of tea overlooking the bazaar as you learn about its infrastructure. Feel comfortable getting the price right, which can be particularly frustrating, and learn why Turkish merchants expect you to bargain.
You can enjoy the Grand Bazaar in a small group of a maximum of eight people or choose to get a private tour.
This tour runs every day.
- Professional and local tour guide
- Small group walking tour
- Transport to the meeting point
- Meeting Point
- We meet at the House of Medusa Restaurant in Sultanahmet.
- Morning tour 09:30 – 12:30
- Afternoon tour 14:00 – 17:30