Highlights of Istanbul itinerary completely and efficiently immerses you into Sultanahmet by visiting the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar and Topkapı Palace in a single day.
- Exclusive tour for the die-hards who want to understand Islam
- Introduction to Sufi culture and music
- Visit Suleymaniye Mosque to understand the zenith of the Ottoman Empire
- Great lunch at a traditional restaurant
- Visit Arap Mosque to talk about the Arab invasion of the city before the Turks arrived
- Local and expert tour guides
- Small group of max 12 or private tours
- Private Tours for 2 people
Exclusive tour to understand historical and contemporary Islam in Istanbul
Special tour for the die-hards! Not for the regular tourist! Our tour is for people with a certain mindset who have flexibility should the conditions at the mosques change for our visit.
This is not a show designed for tourists. We visit actual mosques in Istanbul where the locals perform their spirituality. We are only welcome as visitors who have a deep interest and hopefully an understanding of spirituality in Islam.
Our tour in Istanbul’s traditional neighborhoods runs in this order:
- Meet your guide and small group ( or private tour) in Karakoy
- Talk about Islam, orders, and spirituality in the historical and contemporary context
- Start your tour visiting Yeralti Cami ( underground mosque) at the entrance of the Golden Horn where the famous chain used to be.
- Understand how the city changed after the Ottoman Conquest and see the conversion of Byzantine churches into mosques
- Visit Arap Mosque, quite away from the touristy route
- Take the metro to Karakoy and enjoy the panoramic views of the Golden Horn
- Visit Suleymaniye Mosque which is a truly mystic atmosphere.
- Enjoy lunch at a very traditional Turkish Restaurant — vegetarians are well catered.
- This tour does not run during Ramadan.
- Guiding fee for a professional guide
- Small-group or private tour
- Metro tickets
- Meals and drinks
We meet at the Karakoy ferry dock. Please make your way to Karakoy and walk down to the water to find the ferry dock. Your guide will be waiting at the exit. Looking at the sea, Galata Bridge will be on your right.
This tour runs at 09:30 am and 13:30 except on Fridays.
This tour does not run during Ramadan; you can check on the availability calendar on the right.