Discover the life of Ottomans
Suleymaniye Mosque Highlights
*Blue Mosque is closed for restoration until May so Suleymaniye is the only imperial mosque you can visit in the area!
- Travel back to the days of Ottoman Istanbul on a 2-hour guided tour of Suleymaniye Mosque and the neighborhood.
- Discover the life of Ottomans in 16th Century and learn about mosque traditions and Islam with your local guide around Suleymaniye Mosque.
- Find out the basics of Islam and traditions on visiting mosques.
- Listen to the stories of Suleyman the Magnificent and compare royal Ottoman family to the European monarchs and find out the similarities
- End Suleymaniye Mosque Tour with free time to explore on your own.
- Choice of a private tour or a shared group of maximum 8 people.
- Local and professional tour guides.
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Transport to Suleymaniye Mosque
- We meet at the “Kurucu Ali Baba Kanaat Lokantası ” just opposite the Suleymaniye Mosque.
Everyday except Fridays
Morning tours at 10:00 am
Afternoon tours 2:00 pm
Tour is scheduled as to run outside the prayer hours but this is a functioning mosque and there may be events out of our control ( like funerals)
- Shared groups, max. 8 people: 40Euros per person.
- Private groups: Base price of 125Euros for two people. Please add 20Euros for every additional person.
- Children: Accompanied by a paying adult are free until the age of 12
[trekksoft target=”window” type=”tour” tour_id=”136616″ button_label=”Book A Private Tour Now!” button_type=”button” button_bg_color=”#4285f4″ button_fg_color=”#ffffff” language=”en”]
[trekksoft target=”window” type=”tour” tour_id=”136610″ button_label=”Book A Shared Tour Now!” button_type=”button” button_bg_color=”#4285f4″ button_fg_color=”#ffffff” language=”en”]
Suleymaniye Mosque, 2 hrs:
Walking tour to discover Suleymaniye Mosque and the neighbourhood:
We meet at the cafe just opposite the Suleymaniye Mosque which stands in contrast against the modern buildings of Istanbul. This is Mimar Sinan’s Suleymaniye Mosque built in classical Ottoman style and is still evocative of the power and splendour of the past.
Enjoy a comprehensive 2 hour guided tour of Suleymaniye Mosque and its complimentary buildings with a professional guide. Afterwards, enjoy the courtyard for breathtaking views over Istanbul and get hints for a gentle stroll around the neighborhood.
End the tour with a cup of Turkish tea and talk about Suleyman the Magnificent and the royal Ottoman family’s life in 16th Century.
Suleymaniye Mosque tour runs every day except Fridays at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm
Tours start at 40Euros per person
This website stores some user agent data. These data are used to provide a more personalized experience and to track your whereabouts around our website in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation. If you decide to opt-out of any future tracking, a cookie will be set up in your browser to remember this choice for one year. I Agree