Highlights of Istanbul itinerary completely and efficiently immerses you into Sultanahmet by visiting the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar and Topkapı Palace in a single day.
Topkapi and Hagia Sophia Tour
Cultural and historical highlight of your visit in Istanbul
- Visit the two major highlights of historical Istanbul with a small group or enjoy an exclusive experience with your expert guide
- See the Hagia Sophia from inside out and enjoy the mosaics gallery
- Learn about the Ottomans as you walk through Topkapi Palace and choose to visit the Harem as an option at the end
- Have the privilege of a professional and local guide for priority admission and skip-the-lines
- Late departure for more flexibility and vacation off time
- Enjoy the privileges of a small group tour of max 12 people or choose to go private
- Adult (Ages 12+) min 2 people
- Child (Ages 3-11)
- Infant (Ages 0-2)
- Private Tour for 2 people
Tour Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace
Meet your expert guide at a central Sultanahmet location, from where you will first visit the famous Hagia Sophia and see its glory from the 6th Century.
You can climb up the gallery with your guide to see the mosaics surviving from this ancient church, former mosque, internationally famous museum, and mosque again! Continue your journey to Topkapi Palace, the second stop for the day. Here you can explore the palace grounds, courtyards, and several exhibitions on a guided tour. Marvel at its opulence and mystery as you learn about this period in Istanbul’s history.
Later on, choose the option to visit the Harem, ruled by the Queen Mother who wielded domestic and political power.
The harem housed hundreds of women and family members as well as hundreds of eunuchs, who performed a wide range of duties. Admire cupboard doors inlaid with mother of pearl and tortoiseshell and stunning Iznik tiles with verses from the Quran. Your tour will end with a visit to the holy relics and the Imperial kitchens.
Hagia Sophia alone justifies a visit to Istanbul. The church of the Divine Wisdom is eternally impressive and important, with its extraordinary dimensions and daunting beauty.
Its dome was a daring engineering feat in the sixth century, and engineers still marvel at the building’s many innovations. It remains the most popular museum in the city. All of our guides love Hagia Sophia personally, so you can expect to have in-depth explanations of the monument as part of your tour.
Witness the glory of the Ottomans!
Topkapı Palace is a place of opulence, complexity, and mystery that inspires awe and is a must-see in our Istanbul walking tour.
Topkapı Palace was the home and seat of the government of the Ottomans for nearly 400 years. It’s the heart of the great Ottoman Empire, ruled by the monarch who lived in Topkapı’s hundreds of rooms with a grand family and servants.
Our tour includes the outer terraced gardens (not covered in any other tour), where flowerbeds blaze with tulips of many colors, and we climb the high terrace to admire the view over the Golden Horn.
Choose to visit the Harem as an option at the end of the tour.
- Skip-the-line admission tickets to Topkapi Palace and optional visit for the Harem
- Professional and local guide with a license
- Small-group tours ( max 12 people ) or choose to go private
- Transport to the meeting spot
- Harem tickets unless the option is chosen
- We meet at the House of Medusa Restaurant in Sultanahmet
- This tour runs at 10:30 am for some morning off time while on vacation
- Tour does not run on Tuesdays and Fridays.